It is possible to have a decorated house AND have kids. Don’t believe us? Trust us, it’s possible!
Here are a few tips we offer our clients with young kids.
1. Use baskets with lids for storing toys.
2. Consider a fabric ottoman instead of a regular coffee table.
3. Use trays, books, and objects as decorations that are “unbreakable”.
4. Furnish with “kid-friendly” fabrics such as leather, indoor/outdoor fabrics.
5. Use lots of pillows and throws.
6. Keep all plants off of the ground (on shelves, consoles), so young kids can’t reach them. Unless kids are a little bit older, then pot them in "unbreakable" planters (wicker baskets, plastic).
7. Use oversized "kid-friendly" rugs (multi-colored, cushioned).
Some examples of “Kid-Friendly” spaces:
Here are some of our favorite "kid-friendly" products: